Global Inc., is seeking a graphic art Intern to join our growing team. The following job position is non-paid and open to those who are able to receive college credit for the Winter / Spring 2020 semester. The duration of the internship will be from 01/05 – 05/15/2020
About Generosity Global Inc:
We are a non profit organization based in Columbia, MD. Our mission is to use the power of generosity to improve lives by giving access to food, showers and clean water. We focus on providing food and showers to the homeless in America and in Africa, we bring clean drinking water to people in rural communities. We are a fun bunch and belief in creating real impact and change lives for our team members and the people we serve. Everything we do is purpose driven and is EPIC
+Help grow GG as a strong and unique brand with a consistent voice across-platforms (e.g. web, audio, video, social) by creating creative written and oral content for the GG brand. You’re obsessed with storytelling through content strategy just as much as we are.
+You think strategically about how each piece of content will work together with a provided caption, music etc, across each platform.
+Pushing boundaries. We’re not here to just tell people about a homeless persons using our shower truck or some kid drinking dirty water in Africa.
+Bring new ideas and passion. You’ll work with the founder and other team members. We want you to put your vision into this while building up a cohesive brand.
+Develop and lead brand strategies. Bring our mission, story and impact to life by creating a dynamic vision for each story.
+You are ready to lead from day one.
• Design creative and attractive materials (flyers, logos, brochures, etc) to help communicate GG’s mission and identity.
• Create interactive and animated graphics.
• Translate data into infographics.
• Design content for social media graphics, presentation materials, fact sheets, and other various other print and web-based collateral materials.
• Ensure consistent GG branding identity across multiple platforms and media with all designs.
• Create print and digital materials that support GG’s mission, projects and are effective in promoting the GG brand
• Photo touch up and enhancement
• Design new concepts and provide creative input
• Assisting marketing team with creating content for marketing and fundraising campaigns.
OUR IDEAL CHANGE MAKER
• Has a passion for mission driven causes.
• College student that is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications,graphic design (or arts equivalent) degree
• Passionate about digital marketing, branding, and creative storytelling – social media, email marketing, copywriting, blogging, etc.
• Rockstar multi-tasker that can prioritize
• Innovative, strategic, and analytical thinker
• Have personal and professional social media exposure and/or experience
• Possess a flair for a perfectly written social media post with visual and content appeal
• Critical and creative-thinker with a desire to think outside the box
• Enthusiastic, driven, proactive, and willing to bring new ideas to the table
• Outgoing personality and communication skills are a must
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and video editing is a PLUS
• Must be available to commit 15-20 hours each week
OUTCOMES AT THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP:
• Have a thorough understanding of the inner-workings of a hyper focused, mission driven non profit organization.
• Being part of a something bigger than yourself, impacting lives locally and globally
• Hands on mentorship from our founder and CEO
• Opportunity to unleash your talents and show the world your gifts
• Real world work experience in your field of interest
• Letter of recommendation and support for future employers after successful completion of internship.
• Possibility to get hired by us
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@generosityglobal.org with the subject line “Spring 2020 Internship”. Please follow these instructions carefully in order to be considered for the internship.
EEO Statement – Generosity Global Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
Internship Credit: Academic credit is available for internships. Students must talk with their academic advisor to see if internship credit is available through their academic department for this internship. If credit is not available through the student’s home department, internship credit may be available through other departments. Students must satisfy the specific internship requirements of the supporting academic department to earn credit, which typically involve 80-240 hours of work, in addition to an Activities Log and a Letter of Evaluation from the on-site supervisor. Students are responsible for covering the tuition-related implications of accepting the internship. Generosity Global Inc. cannot pay for course credits